Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Progress

Well, I was not able to patch over the screw holes in the backdrop or paint it a coat of Sky Blue paint this weekend.

However, I did get to install an MRC sound decoder in my Walthers Proto 1000 California Northern EMD GP15-1 (CFNR #112). The installation took less than an hour and I did not run into any problems. I made sure that the locomotive ran on DC before I installed the decoder. After the installation, I ran it on a DCC test track. The locomotive ran great and the GP15-1 sounds really cool as well!

In the attached photo, you will notice that the decoder is still associated with the default address of 03. I ran the locomotive on the test track making sure all of the features worked correctly. Once I knew the decoder was working, I programed it to the cab number of #112.

My next decoder installation project will be for my Atheran Blue Box SD 9 kit. I still need to order some parts for the project. However, I have taken the shell off the locomotive and taken apart the motor in preparation for this project. I hope to convert this model to DCC within the next few weeks.






No comments:

Post a Comment